Production & TheApiary.Studio
Welcome to, “The Apiary,” Debbie’s production-quality home studio. Located in a quiet rural village, The Apiary is in a dedicated space with a large vocal booth Debbie designed and built. This studio contains all the equipment and tools a voice actor and singer could need.
Debbie records, edits, produces, and masters her own work.
Computer and Audio Gear
Inside of vocal booth:
- Audio Technica 4040 microphone.
- AKG K240 studio headphones.
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB interface.
- Android tablet for scripts.
- Toshiba LCD USB screen
- Logitech webcam
- Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad mouse
Outside of vocal booth:
- Lenovo Y40 gaming laptop (16G RAM, SSD drive)
- Adobe Audition CC (current subscription)
- Camtasia Studio
Designed and built by me in spring 2016, the vocal booth is designed to be:
- Large (5′ diameter) so I can stand, gesture, and really use my whole body.
- Sound deadening.
- A fully functional studio (with a monitor, keyboard, and trackpad, I can remotely work the computer on my desk).
- Visually isolating (I’m not in a closet full of clothes).
- Vocally warm.
- Can email, FTP, Dropbox, etc… files in any requested common format.
- Mailed or overnighted CDs, DVDs, or thumb drives upon request.
- Live web conference via Skype, Google Hangouts, Join.Me, or your preferred collaboration tool.
- ipDTL upon request.
- Certificate in audio engineering from Audio Recording Technology Institute, Long Island, NY in 1992.
- Weekend manager of River Sound, recording studio co-owned by Gary Katz and Donald Fagen, 1993-1995.
- Tour manager, road manager, and FOH sound engineer for “The Jazz Passengers with Special Guest Vocalist Debbie Harry” summer 1995 European tour.
- My home studio in the 1990s included Vision sequencing software, Opcode Studio 3 MIDI interface, Alesis Quadraverb GT effects rack, Ensoniq VFX keyboard, and SM58 mic recording to a Tascam 688 MIDIStudio. Still have that machine and all of my tapes!